المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : A story (worth to be read)

الوجه الآخر
07-12-2002, 12:15 PM
So worth reading.

As she stood in front of her 5th grade class on the very first day of school, she told the children a lie. Like most teachers, she looked at her students and said that she loved
them all the same.But that was impossible, because there inthe front row, slumped in his seat, was a little boy namedTeddy Stoddard.Mrs. Thompson had watched Teddy the year before and noticed that he didn't play well with the other children, that his clothes were messy and that he constantly needed a bath.
And Teddy could be unpleasant. It got to the point where Mrs. Thompson would actually take delight in marking his papers with a broad red
pen, making bold X's and then putting a big "F" at the top of his papers. At the school where Mrs. Thompson taught, she was required to review each child's past records and she put Teddy's off until last. However, when she reviewed his file, she was in for a surprise. Teddy's first grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is a bright child with a ready laugh.
He does his work neatly and has good manners...he is a joy to be around."
His second grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is an excellent student, well liked by his classmates, but he is troubled because his mother has a terminal
Illness and life at home must be a struggle."
His third grade teacher wrote, "His mother's death had been hard on him.
He tries to do his best, but his father doesn't show much interest and his home
Life will soon affect him if some steps aren't taken."
Teddy's fourth grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is withdrawn and doesn't show much interest in school. He doesn't have many friends and he sometimes sleeps in class".
By now, Mrs. Thompson realized the problem and she was ashamed of herself.
She felt even worse when her students brought her Christmas presents, wrapped in beautiful ribbons and bright paper, except for Teddy's.
His present was clumsily wrapped in the heavy, brown paper that he got from a grocery bag. Mrs. Thompson took pains to open it in the middle of the other presents.
Some of the children started to laugh when she found a rhinestone bracelet with some of the stones missing, and a bottle that was one quarter full of perfume.
But she stifled the children's laughter when she exclaimed how pretty
the bracelet was, putting it on, and dabbing some of the perfume on her wrist.
Teddy Stoddard stayed after school that day just long enough to say,‌Mrs. Thompson, today you smelled just like my Mom used to."
After the children left she cried for at least an hour. On that very day, she quit teaching reading, and writing, and arithmetic. Instead, she began to teach children.
Mrs. Thompson paid particular attention to Teddy. As she worked with him, his mind seemed to come alive. The more she encouraged him, the faster he responded.
By the end of the year, Teddy had become one of the smartest children in
the class and, despite her lie that she would love all the children the same, Teddy became one of her "teacher's pets." A year later, she found a note under her door, from Teddy,telling her
that she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole lif.
Six years went by before she got another note from Teddy. He then
told her that he had finished high school, third in his class, and she was still the best teacher he ever had in his whole life.
Four years after that, she got another letter, saying that while things had been tough at times, he'd stayed in school, had stuck with it, and would soon graduate from college with the highest of honors. He assured Mrs. Thompson that she was still the best and favorite teacher he ever had in his whole life.
Then four more years passed and yet another letter came. This time he explained that after he got his bachelor's degree, he decided to go a little further, the letter explained that she was still the best and favorite teacher he ever had.
But now his name was a little longer-- the letter was signed, Theodore F. Stoddard, MD.
The story doesn't end there. You see, there was yet another letter that spring.
Teddy said he'd met this girl and was going to be married.
He explained that his father had died a couple of years ago and he was wondering if Mrs. Thompson might agree to sit in the place at the wedding that was usually reserved for the mother of the groom. Of course, Mrs. Thompson did. And guess what? She wore that bracelet, the one with several rhinestones missing.
And she made sure she was wearing the perfume that Teddy remembered his mother wearing on their last Christmas together. They hugged each other, and Dr. Stoddard whispered in Mrs. Thompson's ear, "Thank you Mrs. Thompson for believing in me. Thank you so much for making me feel important and showing me that I could make a difference."
Mrs. Thompson, with tears in her eyes, whispered back. She said, "Teddy,
you have it all wrong. You were the one who taught me that I could make a difference.
I didn't know how to teach until I met you."

Warm someone's hearts today . . . pass this along.
Please remember that wherever you go, and whatever you do, you will have
the opportunity to touch and/or change a
person's outlook. Please try to do
it in a positive way.

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly."

~`~`~`~`~`~`~

This a story i have recieved through the e-mail from one of my friends.. i've liked it soo much...i wounder if we have teacher as the one mensioned in the story i bet there would be some diffrences better one i bet ..i hope that & i hope all the teacher would be like that
With my Regards

ROMEO
10-12-2002, 04:08 AM
Teacher's impact certainly lasts longer than anyone would imagine

from my humble experience in such a field ,I came through to many incidents like these which really changed my whole attitudes and my way of teaching though it gave me the opprotunity to feel my pupils worries,hardships before getting along in the process of learing

believe me Other face once I had one student who has been outrageously rude and every teacher in school sent him nearly everyday to the headmaster .He started fights with his friends outside at the end of the day, in other words this young boy became absolutely aggressive

That was 4years ago in my teaching career and it gave me a real head_ache in the beginnig in how should I communicate with this young boy.As everyone shouting at him, dissmissing him from class he made a kind of nightmare to everybody

I thought if I negelct him like the others did or behaving with him as aggressive as he did would let me win over this trouble.On the contrary I didn't, but I started talking with him between classes and giving him my hand to help. I said to him that I'm not gonig to treat him like the rest but all I want is the reasons behind this mess. What's wrong and what made him behave in this way

Ofcourse after a long run he finally spoke with what he felt.can u imagine that this boy was the only one living from his family after they killed in accident when he was 6 years old.His uncle raised him but unforunately he was beating him to death.Not only that but forcing him to work till late night
He grew up with steam in his chest to this comunity

So many times that he came to me and cried from his miserable life and how many Eids were passing without any new clothes like his partners.We formed a sort of tight realtion bassed in open discussions

I told him what if u managed 2 be free from these troubles...?he said I love 2 but how.....

I replied .....if u foregt yesterday and focus on tomorrow .Try to convince urself that u will be much better than the others if u succeded in throwning the black past.Don't u wanna people respect ur personality... and that won't come unless u respect urself 1st.To do that means u shill try ur best to climb ur high heals, cross the deepest seas., build ur own bright future.

and I never talked to him since that moment

This boy took my advice and became one of best students in the school .I'm not claming that I'm the one who changed him rather than he himself did the whole job.All what he wanted is someone who could listen....

Thank God , till this day he calls me on the phone even when I transfered from Jeddah to here

The big lesson I learned is never ever leave others hopeless while u can sweep their tears.

---

outstanding topic my dear

with my love

الوجه الآخر
11-12-2002, 03:21 PM
salaaam mr Romeo

so impresing what i heared from u... hope all the teachers would be like u and the one in the story... glad that we have teachers like u in our country... really there is still some hope (u gave some hope Mr Romeo u did really u did:rolleyes::) )... stay as u r Romeo & never ever changed & if u change i hope it will be for better;)..God bless u dear...

thanks alot Mr:D

With My Regards

Petals
13-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Yes I loved it to.
It's great to have teachers like that,and U Romeo as well ;)
In all my days at schools,i've never experiand or heard any such thing,so it's like a fantasy u believe that it's there,but u know
it can't exsist!.
Any way here's also some beautiful lessons came to me not too long ago,it's one of those chain letters.hope u'll like it.
those stories also reminds me of a beautiful story i've read almost 2 yrs ago bout 2 couples,whom didn't get together in the end,beautiful i wish i can find it again.
Oh What ever, here's the stories,cheer up folks. I'll head 1st to the Nightingale topic, I just couldn't resist such a name,it's one of my most favorite names ;)
Love
Petals.
******Five Great Lessons******

*1 - Most Important Lesson

During my second month of college our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one:

"What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several
times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50's but how would I know her
name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.
Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would Count toward our quiz grade.
"Absolutely," said the professor. "In your careers, you will meet many
people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care even if
all you do is smile and say 'hello'."
I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.

**2 - Second Important Lesson
Pickup in the Rain - One night, at 11:30 PM, an older African American
woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure the lashing rainstorm.
Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride.
Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her, generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s.
The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a
taxicab. She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and
thanked him.
Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise,a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached.
It read: "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night.The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away. God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others."

Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole.(she's the wife of a very famouse celebrity)

***3 - Third Important Lesson
Always remember those who serve - In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table.
A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.
"How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked.
"Fifty cents," replied the waitress.
The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins in
it. "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired.
By now more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing impatient. "Thirty-five cents, she brusquely replied."
The little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," He
said.
The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked
away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left.
When the waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table.There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five pennies. You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to leave her a tip.

****4 - Fourth Important Lesson
The Obstacle in Our Path - In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the king for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.
Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. After the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been.
The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the king indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many of us never understand. Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

*****5 - Fifth Important Lesson
Giving When It Counts - Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz, who was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a
blood transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness.
The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the
little boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw
him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes, I'll do it, if it will save her."
As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled,
as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew
pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a
trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?"
Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his sister all of his blood in order to save her.
You see, after all, understanding and attitude is everything.

Now you have 2 choices....

1. Delete this email, or

2. Forward it to people you care about.

I hope that you will choose No. 2 and remember...

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."