ÇáăÓÇÚĎ ÇáÔÎŐí ÇáŃŢăí

ăÔÇĺĎÉ ÇáäÓÎÉ ßÇăáÉ : ..On Dreams

Angel
30-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Imagine with me… You have built this great, big castle… It has cost you millions, maybe even billions, of Riyals to build… it has beautiful gardens surrounding it from all sides… it looks gorgeous and everyone envies you for having it… its walls are a masterpiece… its interior rooms are a poets dream… but you cannot live in it

You just sit out there… watching it from afar… you cannot even touch it

This castle is the dream of each and every one of us… it might not be a real castle that one might consider a home… but in reality, it is the dream of our society… to be complete… to be perfect… to be ideal

It also applies to our souls… we build morals… we make principles… we follow visions… but we can never relate them to our reality, because we are living in a dream

Things are changing and time is moving fast… but we just stand here, holding on to our ancestors glory… and not trying to achieve one that we would call our own… our ancestors had hopes, they traveled the seven seas to achieve what they considered dreams… and they made each and everyone a reality by trying hard and not stopping at the first failure they would face… instead, they would build their failures as blocks and walk on them to get higher and higher into the skies of education to establish the things they dreamed…

We dream… we sure do… but we hold on to our dreams as only dreams… we never try to make them real… we build castles in the air… we thread quilts using clouds… and when the time comes… and we can relate to our dreams… we sit there… watching them fade into thin air… and weep

Can you imagine watching that costly castle fall apart??? Brick by brick??? Wouldn’t you stop in amazement if someone told you that its owner knocked it down with her/his own hands??? The first thought that would occur to one’s mind is “They must be insane”… But in truth, we all do that, every single day… we dream, and then we break down our dreams bit-by-bit thinking that we can never make them real

Ever since I was a child, they called me a dreamer… I would be sitting with you, but my sanity would be somewhere else… Far away… Floating in a dream… But just as soon as a dream is made, another is torn down by a silly remark from someone or a laughter from another… I used to have big dreams… of me being someone important… I always dreamed of making my own name and not saying “I had great ancestors who once did this or that” but instead, “I did this” and “I did that”… and I would go on making my own glory and not relying on my ancestors’ glory and fame

So what if you were a dreamer? Dreaming is not a crime, nor is it a psychosis… Dreaming is the railway to one’s true identity… It is the brick on which one must start their road to magnificence and distinction… it is what our ancestors had when they had nothing but bread and water… Dreams are what made our present so different from our fathers’ lives and the lives of the people before them… they are what are making us unique…

We should go on fulfilling that uniqueness and securing a better life for our children by holding on to each others’ hands and making our dreams a first step for a healthier, improved life for us and for generations to come

Sami96SA
31-07-2002, 11:16 AM
Angel

Allow me to dispute something you stated in your outstanding
article, and that is our ancesters were not great achievers; otherwise, we would be in a better state than we are now

Today's generation is not much better off as the majority are dreamers of things to happen for them relying on luck and the thought of "God's pr-assigned destinies". In comparison, we are luckier to have been at a better stage in terms of possession of resources and education; yet we tend to follow the same path of dependency on others

It's great to dream as long as we set our goals. Achievers were once dreamers themselves, but they wouldn't have accomplished anything if they didn't work effortlessly towards the set goals. That, I agree with you

Angel, your article is one of the best written pieces I have ever read

-------------------

Sami

Angel
31-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Thanks Sami

(I'll be back with a better reply later)

Angel
03-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Hi again, Sami

Sorry it took me a while to be able to write a better reply than the one I wrote a couple of days ago

How can you say our ancestors were not achievers? Don't you know that our ancestors have put the first blocks on which today's society is standing? Maybe that was very long ago.. And that is why I am saying we need to run after our dreams to make them for real

I once dreamt of being the first Saudi girl to stand on the moon.. Everyone laughed

When the first astraunaut (SP) dreamed of setting foot on the moon, I am sure someone incouraged him to go further in fulfilling his dream.. and he did.. and there you see him, standing on the moon

When King AbdulAziz dreamed of uniting the kingdom, His family was there for him to help him achieve his dream.. and there you see, the kingdom is united as one\

and all we are doing is sitting still, dreaming, then forgetting our dreams and having new dreams.. we are no longer achievers.. instead, we are nothing

That's all I can say for now.. But we really need to work on our dreams to make them become a reality that would guide us to a better life and not just sit still and lea da dull life that would lead us no where