المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : interesting stuff... why we should kno a little history and literature as background

azhar_md
25-04-2005, 11:23 PM
these are for the ppl who find history and literature interesting or maybe just for a hobbie such as me.. hope u like it:130:

What do kids really need to know about history by the time they get out of school? Should the American Revolution be on the top the list? Or should it be the development of the constitution.... that some people see as a crucial event in American history. How about the waves of the19th- and 20th-century immigration that shaped the human population of the states today? Perhaps we need to pull back from America and look on :266: world history? If so, what part?

The most important thing to know in history is how to look at the past and make use of that knowledge to deal with current situations. It's not important for everybody to know when George Washington was born or who won the cold war. :259: You can find out information like that when you need it, but it is important to realize that history is not a separate subject of study. It's a part of every subject. No matter what field you're operating in, it has a historical part. For example, study the history of medicine, and you can find that the medical practices of the past are a lot similar to medicine we use today.

Telling our stories

What do you consider essential for students of literature :266: and fiction to know?

Answer: it's the ability to hear and tell the stories of our own families and cultures, we need to listen to the storytellers that surround us in our daily lives and we need to learn how to tell our own stories to others, because the way we tell our stories is often the eyes through which we see the world. We all live here together--and yet we don't seem to share the same storytelling or storytelling structures. But we can develop our ability to hear what's different and the same in different cultural storytelling. And out of all these layers of storytelling comes a shared way for looking at the :135: world

Haymana
27-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Nice subject azhar_md

It is true , history is very important in our life , but each sees history according to his own eyes

we deffer in looking at realities some acts are victories for some people , other acts are failures for others

the way we tell our stories is often the eyes through which we see the world.

in both cases , we still can have a truthful conclusion in which we should values thibgs and learn from them

The most important thing to know in history is how to look at the past and make use of that knowledge to deal with current situations.

Thanks again for sharing this with us

Best wishes
Haymaana

ملكة البحار
30-04-2005, 12:36 AM
you know,, azhar
I really hated the history (course - subject- article)
any thing, any stuff about the history

and I don't know how I pass history courses in my live

but I believe it's So important and that's why I forced my self to read just interesting topics about it,,like yours

Thanks

azhar_md
05-05-2005, 11:48 PM
thanx alot dudes for reading my subject....... haha i thought no one would be interested in history and all that stuff but it's sort of true how each and every one of us has to have a lil knowledge of the past we might use it in alot of stuff... and in my opinion each society in every country should take care of it's history that's what makes it a nation u kno what i'm sayin? thatx alot for reading my subject , hope u changed ur mind about history and literature

thank u malekat albehar and haymana

Petals
06-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Oh, nice subjects are flooding .lol

Hello Azhar, let me welcome you here first, and it's a very nice subject.

Yes I believe it's right, I believe in history as a group (chain) of repeated events.
We do have here acts and behaviors that reminds us of something similar in the past.

History also can be the base of our judgments today (!)

the way we tell our stories is often the eyes through which we see the world

It's also true, when you write or tell something, the way you tell it tells you (!)
to put it in another way:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.lol

It's such a nice subject I would love to hear other opinions about it.

Thanks

Petals.

azhar_md
22-06-2005, 07:53 PM
gee thanks
no really thanks a lot
well, it's this thing i had in my mind....... i fear that one day it may happen
that we all forget about our amazing history...... that
brought us to our world today
it's jus some people don't realize how important history is in life
it's who we are today..... i mean
our prophets, , our empires, our generations filled with many changes that were good and bad
if not for what has happened in the past, what we see today with our very own eyes would be nothing
so i hope that with this subject i would change many people's mind about history and it's importance in everday life