ÇáãÓÇÚÏ ÇáÔÎÕí ÇáÑÞãí

ãÔÇåÏÉ ÇáäÓÎÉ ßÇãáÉ : learning From Our Mistakes

KHUDER_SA
20-08-2002, 02:20 PM
To learn from your mistake means to make the mistake first then to find out what was the part of your action that was wrong and caused the mistake

making a mistake, doesn’t mean that we have done the whole process incorrectly there must be many parts of it were done in an excellent manner but one or more components of it were not fitted the right way and they ruined the components that follow them then the whole work collapse

This explanation seems to be of mechanical nature rather than anything else but it goes for every aspect in our lives, whether physical or mental

The reason of speaking about this subject is to seek an answer for this question: is it true that the best way of learning is to learn from one's own mistakes?

Some mistakes cost too much, other mistakes don’t leave chances for their doers to learn from them, as such mistakes could be fatal ones

For instance, an airplane pilot can’t learn from a mistake that causes a crash for his plane as such a mistake could kill everybody on board

Learning from mistakes is an expensive learning process, even if we do experiments on new products or theories we shouldn’t rush on doing these experiments we should take as longer time as possible to ensure the minimal number of errors happen in the experimenting stage because each error involves costs or maybe fatalities

But, we should be fair enough with errors or mistakes to say that they are the cheapest method of learning for others who observe our mistakes but they are not involved in them at all as they take the end result of such mistakes with total free of any costs

So, we can learn from others mistakes, but our own mistakes sometimes cost us a lot and the possibility of learning from them is not guaranteed for us

For instance a newly married couple can learn from their mistakes to grow their first child for the benefit of the next one but after spoiling the first

For that reason, the best way of learning is to adopt what others achieved and to start from where they have stopped this way definitely is cheaper than the experiment and error method

However, the experiment and error method can be the best in one case only, which is when we invent something new that hasn’t been created by others before us

This an introduction and I appreciate your elaborations on it.

ROMEO
27-08-2002, 01:20 PM
I'll be back very soon

ROMEO
06-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi there my friend khuder

I beg ur pardon 4 the late reply
=========================

Humans are not divine and their mental or physical attitudes and actions are basically limited along with their inner outlook to things they may behave with or against in life .This proven fact determined the way we should take notice of our misbehaved deeds or wrongful acts we may confront.

True learning by such a method as you have metioned would cost a lot especially when mistakes circle range might be widen as big as people could invovle in and suffer from, but on the contrary we can not say that such a procedure is not that proficient or useless for the reasons above and its high_priced cosequences

Man can learn from those mistakes which he did not take in his consideration by pulling the plug out and give himself the opportunity to speculate on what he has done .He may inspect his negative results and try to derive out the benefits of such a lesson .Not only that , but he should reinforce those minor postive elements of his postion .

Now,we must distinguish between msitakes that will bring us major catasrophes and those which are centralized on a lower stages of responsibilties.For exampl, Presidents decisions will affect nations if they are incorect or not clear_sighted, on the other hand ordainry people ways of thinking and calculating the impacts of their deeds , are not similar nor resembeling by all measures.

In addition,Man should not commit the same mistake twice and try to learn as much he can from his previous errors in order to gain the right comprehension of such sinful soul.

KHUDER_SA
07-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Thank you Romeo for you interest in participating in this topic which didn’t capture the attention of anybody except you

And thank you for your valued thoughts that you stated above. I agree with you in every single word you mentioned and I don’t see any disagreement between what you said and what I said

I haven’t said that the experiment and error method of learning is not favorable always; there are many cases in which this method is the best way of achieving objectives and the examples you stated are some of these cases

But my main point here was, that we shouldn’t rely on learning from our mistakes that come up during our continuous trials to improve our performance, if this is the only way for us to achieve our objectives then before we move toward the objectives we should foresee all the possible mistakes or obstacles that could happen ahead of us then we get prepared for them to avoid their occurrence but if they happen unexpectedly then that’s what we should learn from for our next attempt

Thank you

ROMEO
18-12-2003, 01:43 PM
up

Petals
20-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Salaam all.

I was like, when did all this happened?!! :259:
But then I looked at the date of that subject, wow over a year back?!
Now where I was that day?
Oh yeah, I was camping in the Antarctic.lol

Nah I think I wasn't committed to the Dorar that day, as any thing ells back
then.

Any way, now after reviewing what've been said, I guess I can't add much to
it.

Actually this matter is one of those that you can't win a side over another,
it's when we hold the stick from the middle, try to seek the best of each
one, not allowing one to come over another.

My answer to khuder question whether the best way of learning is to learn
from one's mistakes, would be NO, not completely.
Relying on that only, can be fatal, as well as ignoring it..

Of course every one do mistakes no matter how or what we do to avoid them,
but the least we can do is to give our minds more time to think, and reveal
each movement in our life, more carefully, it's better to say I've done my
best then whining.
We have different ways in doing that,asking ppl, study the whole matter,
then we can't forget that Allah has giving us the (ÕáÇÉ ÇáÅÓÊÎÇÑÉ) when we
feel lost and never sure.

I saw this program , very long time ago , on it scientists where to discover
the experiment and error method on animals.
It was really interesting.
First they brought a mouse, and put him on a maze, then left him to find his
own way out, as us would do in a situation like that, the mouse tried
different dead ends b4 succeeding.
They've put him again, and the mouse went straight to the outside.
So he actually was doing the same method in learning.

Now the other example was a bird they've followed from distant ( I can't
recall what kind the bird was)
He was saving for the winter, he simply took the fruit, then buried it under
a plain ground, with no special marks. The bird did that several times in
several places.
The winter came, and covered the ground with snow, so imagine a ground
covered only with snow, no rocks, trees, whatever.
The bird came back, and simply ,from the first try, digged a little bit, and
picked his first saving, again he did the same thing to the other places, no
errors.
The bird didn't rely on the experiment and error method,doing that would
cost him his life.

Hope u the v.best.

Petals

We are not perfect, if we follow strictly point by point
what Allah asked us, we will be angels"

A professor for University in Morocco.

" sniff " I had to change that stupid typo